Friday 21 February 2014

Singapore Artist, Ann Kok takes a break -21 Feb 2014

Singapore Artist, Ann Kok takes a break -21 Feb 2014
Ann Kok
Ann Kok can be taking a break from acting once her contract expires this March.

According to a press release released to the media last night, the forty one-year-old actress intends to pursue “different interests,” which was not any elaborated on.

In a phone interview with xinmsn, Ann explained for her call to not renew her contract: "I just need to go to do my very own things first. It's not terribly convenient on behalf of me to say [what it's] now 'cos it involves different folks. But I'll keep you updated when everything is confirmed."

She also revealed that her new venture is one thing new and not exactly "business-connected" and declined to elaborate further.

Though she might be bidding adieu to her career as a full-time MediaCorp artiste, this won’t be the last you’ll see of Ann on native tv. She has agreed to continue working along with MediaCorp and will star and work on “appropriate projects” and “where schedule permits”.

Ann shared that her family are very supportive of her call too, though she said that her fans in all probability learned of it through media reports this morning. "I don't assume I'll lose fans or viewers 'cos I'm not renewing my contract," she said, "I'm certain they will stand by me."

"I'd like to assure fans that I can still be around. So do not worry," she quipped.

At her most recent media event this year – Ch8 drama Soup of Life’s press conference, the actress failed to drop any hints of her intentions to take a possibility from the trade. She even talked about wanting to try and do “additional films” in 2014, having worked on her initial movie project, Filial Party – co-starring Kym Ng, Mark Lee and Christopher Lee – last year.

(Continued): I'm not leaving the business, says Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment