Monday 5 May 2014

Zac Efron: 'Weight' was lifted after addiction confession


Zac Efron: 'Weight' was lifted after addiction confession

Zac Efron admits it was a relief to open up about his battle with drugs and alcohol in an interview last month.

Zac Efron feels a ''weight'' has been lifted after he spoke out concerning his battle with medication and alcohol last month.

The 26-year-old hunk, who sought treatment for addiction twice last year, is glad he unfolded regarding his personal struggles because it had been a relief to elevate the lid on his secret.

Speaking on the 'Today' show this morning (05.05.14), he said: ''It had been a weight off my chest. It had been nice. It was an incredible time. It absolutely was a rough year.''

The actor is currently starring alongside Seth Rogen in the comedy 'Bad Neighbours' and he's happy he is finally obtaining his career back not off course following a troublesome year.

He explained: ''It's reasonably funny -- 'Bad Neighbours' is such a great icing on the cake for all of this.

''I was in a position to reasonably channel all of that and place it back into this movie. I feel nice. I feel extremely blessed to be here working with this group of men. I could not be better right now. I'm very excited.''

Meanwhile, Zac - who shot to fame once taking over the lead role in 'High School Musical' in 2006 - admitted last month he felt humiliated when his ''mistakes'' were created public.

He said at the time: ''I was drinking a ton, way an excessive amount of. It's never one specific issue. I mean, you're in your twenties, single, rummaging life in Hollywood, you know?

''Everything is thrown at you. I wouldn't take something back; I required to learn everything I did. But it had been an attention-grabbing journey, to say the least.''

No comments:

Post a Comment