Saturday 5 April 2014

Sky Ferreira inspired by 'trashy' Madonna

Sky Ferreira inspired by 'trashy' Madonna


Sky Ferreira inspired by 'trashy' Madonna

Sky Ferreira liked Madonna's "trashy" style.
The 21-year-old model-and-actress recently got rid of her trademark blonde tresses in favour of a short brunette cut. She took inspiration from late Nirvana star Kurt Cobain when choosing her new look and also has other celebrity influences.
"My hair was literally breaking off so I felt like it was time to switch it up. [Hairdresser] Guido cut it - he did Edie Campbell's bowl cut. I wanted it like Kurt Cobain's - short and choppy," she told Company magazine.
"I love how Courtney Love dressed in the '90s. Sometimes I dress like Courtney, but I feel like I dress like Kurt Cobain more! I love Debbie Harry and early Madonna, when she was a bit trashy."
Sky enjoys shopping in thrift stores and has no problem sharing pieces with the man in her life either. That doesn't mean she doesn't go girly with her style too though, with Givenchy and Miu Miu two of her favourite fashion houses.
She's walked for some big names during her time as a model, including Marc Jacobs. Now Sky is more focused on her music career, but still makes time for modelling occasionally. She trotted the catwalk for Saint Laurent in the past and modelled for the iconic label, which she revealed came about my accident.
"My friend was working on a shoot with Hedi [Slimane, creative director]. He asked if she could photograph me and we developed a friendship. I walked for his second collection - it was really easy because I would wear all the clothes in real life," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment